You can update an existing template, but you must do so very carefully. We have provided guidance in the Tips for Designing Templates for PrintUI documentation available at https://printui.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001055674-Tips-for-template-designers
Articles in this section
- 1. Designed a template in InDesign in RGB (CMYK, then converting to RGB). 2. Client opens template, updates content and photos. 3. Client exports High Res Print Ready PDF. Question: Is PrintIU, automatically converting those RGB colors back to CMYK?
- Colors are not coming through correctly.
- It looks like we are getting colored backgrounds added to png images.
- Is it possible to update an existing project (template)? How does that affect documents already created from that template?
- I'm getting 404 errors when a image is bigger than 60MB.
- I am getting this error message: Error. (6) Upload error Bad ICC profile When I upload an image to PrintUI through your API. What does that mean or how can I fix that?
- If I update the background art of an existing template but make no changes to any of the editable fields, will the client’s history items still work? Meaning, if they recall an item from their history it should just pull the new template with the update?
- Can we create larger documents (50+ pages)? One concern is that the pages need to be numbered. Can we automate page numbering to survive the pages being shuffled around in the editor? We know it can be done by modifying the PDF in Acrobat after the fact..
- One of the templates I have created has a "+" as a bullet. I have made that bullet in InDesign, and when I go into the PrintUI editor it looks good. However, when the file is downloaded the font changes.
- I am trying to upload a template and I’m getting this issue. "Error packaging document: Error: Cannot save to the file “TemplateName.indd”, because it is already open. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org"