We have had some reports where users cannot login to the InDesign panel on some installations of Mac OS.
The problem seems to be caused by a permissions problem in the user directory.
Here's a reference which briefly explains the issue:
To fix the user permissions, please follow the following steps:
- Restart your computer holding down Command + R to restart in recovery mode. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4718
- On the Utilities screen, select Utilities > Terminal from the main menu at the top of the screen.
- Type in “reset password” and hit enter. This opens the “Reset Password dialog.
- Select your startup disk, and click the “Reset” button at the bottom of the dialog in the Reset Home Folder Permissions and ACLs section.
- Restart your computer normally, and things should now work.